Want to try a healthy and satisfying chia vegan dessert? Look no further, Check this healthy chia vegan dessert recipe.
Growing up, I absolutely enjoyed Indian Kheer made with rich ingredients like milk, sugar and rice. I tried to replicate this recipe using super healthy ingredients without compromising on flavor. Date Sugar is considered to be a healthy sugar alternative as it’s made from dates (loaded with vitamins and fiber). Next time you crave something sweet, give this quick recipe a try!
Chia Kheer Healthy Vegan Dessert Recipe
- 1/8 cup Chia seeds (it’s a superfood!!)
- 1-2 cups of nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon Date Sugar (You can also try maple syrup or honey)
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon blanched almonds sliced
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water for half an hour
- On a stovetop, heat 1-2 cups of almond milk and add chia seeds to the boiling milk and continue to stir for 5 minutes
- Add more milk if you prefer thinner consistency
- Add date sugar or any other sweetener, raisins, sprinkle some cinnamon and cook for another 2 minutes
- Remove from the stove and top it off with almond slices and serve warm.
- You can refrigerate for an hour if you prefer chilled.