An easy recipe that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. It’s full of flavor and nutrition!
In my last post, I wrote about the 7 Affordable Superfoods to Enhance your Diet and Health. This recipe ties in really well as I have incorporated a lot of the superfoods listed in the previous blog. It’s not only delicious but is packed with a ton of antioxidants and is super healthy! Read along, give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 3 Cups of Greens (Spinach, Kale or a combination of your favorite greens)
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 tablespoon of raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and garlic
- Pinch of Turmeric*
- Medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala*
- 1 tsp cumin seeds* and coriander seeds*
- 1 can of organic Chickpeas (You can also soak chickpeas and pressure cook them)
*also available in the international food/spice section in grocery stores
- For the sauce, combine tomato, ginger, garlic, 3 cups of greens, cashews, flax seeds and 2 cups of water and puree it in a high-speed blender (Nutribullet or Vitamix)
- In a hot pan, add 1 tsp oil and once it heats up, add cumin and coriander seeds (If you don’t have these seeds, you can proceed to the next step below)
- Once the seeds splutter, add chopped onion, pinch of turmeric and salt.
- When onions are slightly cooked, add the green sauce, Garam Masala and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add a few more tablespoons of water.
- Add the canned chickpeas and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
You can enjoy this dish with a healthy whole grain carb like cooked brown rice, quinoa, millet or for a low-carb option, you can pair it with cauliflower rice as well.