A low-carb, high protein dish infused with warm Indian spices and pack a ton of flavor, ready in less than 30 minutes!
Enjoy this super-food recipe without compromising on flavor! I love adding Indian spices to enhance the flavors and the warm spices bring back childhood memories of the yummy food made by mom. Add a healthy carb like cooked brown rice or quinoa to make it a complete meal.
- 4 Cups of Broccoli slaw mix
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- Pinch of Turmeric*
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and garlic
- 1 tsp Garam Masala*
- 1 tsp cumin seeds* and coriander seeds*
- 1 cup of cubed extra firm tofu cut into small pieces and slighted sautéd or air fried.
*also available in the international food/spice section in grocery stores
- In a hot pan, add 1 tsp oil and once it heats up, add cumin and coriander seeds.
- Once the seeds splutter, add chopped onion, pinch of turmeric and salt per taste
- When onions turn translucent, add chopped tomato, ginger and garlic paste, garam masala and cook for 5 minutes until tomatoes turn soft and turn into paste. Add a few tablespoons of water to it.
- In a separate pan, add a tsp oil and sauté extra firm Tofu cubes for 5 minutes or until they become slightly brown usually. You can also use the air-fryer to cook Tofu.
- Add the sautéd tofu and the broccoli noodles to the onion/tomato mix and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Don’t overcook as the broccoli noodles can get soggy.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh mint and cilantro and enjoy!