Green Smoothies are a breakfast staple in our house for the last few years and something we typically don’t miss. It’s quite simple to make and is packed with dense nutrition that sets you up with all the energy you need in the morning! The best part, it’s quite simple with 5 key ingredients or less and shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to make one.
As many of my friends know, I am a big fan of super market foods and this recipe includes many of the highly-nutritious foods that are great for our immunity!
- 5 – 6 Cups of Greens (Spinach, Kale or a combination of your favorite greens)
- 1.5 -2 servings of Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries (you can add any other fruit of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons of Flax (or Chia seeds or a combination of both)
- 1 tsp of Amla Powder
- 1 date (optional)
- 3 cups of water (add more to thin it out if needed)
- Pack your blender with greens ( I typically aim for 75% greens) and add flax seeds/Chia seeds, fruit (25%) 3 cups of water and puree it in a high-speed blender (Nutribullet or Vitamix)
- Blend for a couple of minutes to make it smooth, pour it on crushed ice and enjoy!